Search The Blog!!

Friday 10 June 2011

Nick Jonas Talks About His New Role In 'Hairspray'


Zac Efron isn’t the only musical heartthrob who can dance his way through the ‘60s!  It was previously announced thatNick Jonas would play Link Larkin during a summer run of Hairspray at the Hollywood Bowl, and now the youngest Jo Bro is talking about his latest project!
Jonas will star alongside Harvey Fierstein and Marissa Jaret Winokur from the original Broadway version, along withGlee’s John Stamos, former High School Musical star Corbin Bleu and Drew Carey!  “I’m really excited about doing Hairspray,” Jonas told MTV News. “When they approached me about it, I was really blessed ‘cause I knew the cast would be amazing. And when I finally saw it, I was really thrilled.”
Nick Jonas at the airport wearing plaid
The Jo Bro went on to say, “It’s a great role and I got to get my dance on a little bit, so I’m going to figure that out. I did some salsa dancing; just went out and did some salsa dancing, which was a really fun experience and, I think, kind of got me moving a little bit. So I’m feeling a bit more comfortable than I did before and I’m excited to get out there and do the whole Link Larkin thing.”
While the concept of Hairspray has been turned into two different movies and a Broadcast show, the latest interpretation could go just about anywhere!
"[The films are] very different. I watched the original many, many years ago and loved it as a musical theater fan," he said. "And doing musical theater, it's one of those things where it's a must-watch, and then when the remake came out, I was really interested in that," he said of the 2007 flick starring Zac Efron. "And I think they did a really good job. It's very different and definitely a modern twist, while still being in the period, but it's a great movie."
What do you think about Joe playing Link Larkin? Will you check the show out?
Photos Courtesy of Fame Pictures

Angry Kim Kardashian Calls Cheating Rumors "Ridiculous"

We already knew Kim Kardashian was planning to take legal action against In Touch Weekly for running a story accusing her of cheating on new fiance Kris Humphries, and now the reality TV starlet has commented on the drama.
Kim Kardashian Glamour Women of the Year Awards
Kim wrote on her blog, "I knew when I got engaged that rumors and false stories were going to start, but this is RIDICULOUS!!!! In Touch Magazine is claiming that I had a five-month secret relationship with this guy… a guy I’ve never met, spoken to, texted, called or even heard of!  This guy should be ashamed of himself. Calling up a magazine and making up an entirely fake story in a sad attempt to ruin my relationship!?!?! It’s just shameful and this guy should feel ashamed and humiliated. Is this your pathetic attempt for attention? I’ll be damned if anyone, especially some loser I’ve never even met, is going to try to come between Kris and me. My friend Lauren London has never even met this guy, so to say she was the one who set us up is totally untrue. I find it so sad that a magazine will take the word of a stranger and try to pass their story off as true. And what’s even more odd is that this guy would carry on a “relationship,” yet never speak on the phone or see me in person! Makes no sense!"
Kim continued, "The text messages the magazine claims I sent this guy are pathetic. ‘Why don’t you put in effort to try and make me your girlfriend doll?” I would never talk like that to a guy. They just threw in the word “doll” a few times and tried to make it sound like me. I talk like that to my girlfriends, not to my man. It makes me sick to my stomach that any one can call up a magazine, tell an entirely fake story, provide fake proof, and the magazine will go ahead and run it… just to sell copies!!! What a crazy world. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again… don’t believe everything you read. The tabloids and weekly magazines will do ANYTHING to sell copies, and in this case they decided to run a false story, knowing they had absolutely no proof that it was real. It’s disgusting, and I will be taking legal action against In Touch magazine and Bret Lockett."

Khloe Kardashian Laughs Off Nip Slip

Khloe Kardashian appeared on Fox and Friends this morning, and not only did the reality TV starlet dish on the upcoming season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, but she flashed her nipple during the interview!

Khloe did apologize for her blunder, but she also tweeted, "My mom just called me saying my nip slip is "all over the internet!" Ha! Is it weird that I love it?! Who knew nipples were so special?"
Khloe Kardashian Fox and Friends NYC
Khloe wrote on her blog:
"As I’m sure you’ve all heard (or seen), I had a bit of a nip slip this morning on Fox & Friends! Whoops!!! My stylist Monica Rose DID tell me to wear a bra with that sheer top but being the naughty girl that I am I disobeyed and went bra-less. I have a nipple obsession and personally love when women show their nipples — perhaps I was a member of a nudist colony in my last life.

On a more serious note though, to those who I offended, I am very sorry. It truly was an accident, but I would be lying if I said I thought this was a big deal. I love how free European women are when it comes to nudity — they embrace their bodies and are proud of what God gave them. I love that mindset and way of life, which is why I am not embarrassed about what happened this morning. We ALL have nipples!" 
Fox has since blurred the offensive body part out of their online video, but in case you missed it:

Wow!  Wonder if the mag will issue her an apology?
Photo courtesy of Fame Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment