Search The Blog!!

Thursday 21 April 2011

The History Behind Demi Lovato's Troubles


When the news came out that Disney’s Demi Lovato checked herself into a treatment facility for “mental and physical issues,” it was pretty hard for everyone to believe. Turns out, she has been dealing with her problems since she was eight years old!
The Sonny With A Chance star opened up to ABC’s Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts about her “unhealthy relationship with food” that later developed into her habit of cutting. It all began in elementary school when Lovato was constantly bullied by her fellow classmates.
Demi Lovato in LAX airport
“I’ve spoken openly about being bullied throughout the past few years, but one thing that I’ve never been able to feel comfortable talking about was the effects that it had on my life, afterwards,” Lovato tells Roberts. “I literally didn’t know why they were being so mean to me.  And when I would ask them why, they would just say, `Well, you’re fat.’”
After developing her eating disorder, to take away the guilt she started the process of self-mutilation. Demi explains, “I was compulsively overeating when I was eight years old. So, I guess, for the past 10 years I’ve had a really unhealthy relationship with food. It was a way of expressing my own shame, of myself, on my own body. I was matching the inside to the outside. And there were some times where my emotions were just so built up, I didn’t know what to do. The only way I could get that instant gratification was through an immediate release on myself.”
After she finished her treatment, Lovato had the make a tough decision, but one that she knew would be best for her. She decided to leave behind her television career and focus strictly on music. Doing so meant no longer returning to Disney’s Sonny With A Chance.
When she made the announcement to her fans, she said, “It made sense for me to go ahead and leave the show to focus on my music. It’s kind of sad for me that a chapter of my life has ended but there couldn’t be a better time for me to move on,” Lovato says. “I don’t think going back to Sonny would be healthy for my recovery. Being in front of a camera would make me nervous.”
Demi Lovato going to the studio, waving
Disney made a statement about Lovato's decision to leave the hit show and said, "We respect Demi's decision to focus full-time on her music and not immediately return to her acting career. She is a talented young woman and our hearts are with her as she continues to take action to improve her health and bounce back from adversity."
You can catch the full interview with Demi on Friday, April 22 at 10 PM ET on ABC. We wish Demi all the luck in the world! We love Demi!
What do you think about Demi's past and her leaving the show? Do you think it's a smart move?

No comments:

Post a Comment