Search The Blog!!

Monday 25 April 2011

Earth Day Activities: How Stars Go Green



james
From Brad Pitt to Alanis Morissette, countless celebs have used their status to advocate a cause we're celebrating today:  Going Green .  Somewhere between buying your latte and tossing it in the nearest vessel that even slightly resembles a garbage can, it's easy to forget what affect we have on the environment. So to kick off Earth Day, here are seven celebrity tips for going green.
James Cameron: Make Your Household Green: James told Hollyscoop, “Everything in our household is green, it’s the way we teach our kids. We have organic gardens, we do the recycling. We do the energy efficiency, we drive the hybrid vehicles. Everybody should do that--that is not the most important thing, the most important thing is to understand the issues and vote. Vote no on Prop 23, understand that climate change is a major threat to the planet and our kids.”

His wife Suzy added to Hollyscoop, “Education is so important. I started an environmental school five years ago, right around the time he was starting Avatar. It’s just important, it’s important to educate ourselves and educate our children.”
James-VanDerBeek
James VanDerBeek and wife: Use Cloth Diapers. “What I love about Global Green is that they are sustainable and create jobs, they are practical about it,” his wife added, “We just got sent a box of cloth diapers because I wanted to start using them on our baby.”
jennifer_aniston
Jennifer Aniston: Multitask “I take a three-minute shower. I even—brush my teeth while in the shower."

It takes me about ten minutes of being in the shower before I even wake up. If she can manage to pull it off, more power to her. Because a ten minute long shower uses about 42 gallons of water. With the average household taking 1,000 showers per year, that's a lot of wasted water.
alicia
Alicia Silverstone: Go Vegan “Eating vegan is more sustainable…I’ve been doing this for 11 years, and I get plenty of protein from lentil soup, hummus, beans.”

Ever seen a Tofurkey in person? That's why more people aren't vegan. Other vegan celebs? Alec Baldwin, Andre 3000, and Prince.
elizaeht
Elizabeth Hurley: Start Your own Farm "I converted my farm into organic status. I grow all of my own crops and have my own livestock."

I'm trying to think how I could swing that in my apartment…
george
George Clooney: Drive Electric Cars: " I have two electric cars. But I also have a big weak spot because I've flown on private jets.”

Screw you, George Clooney, screw you.
sheryl
Sheryl Crow: Don't Wipe as Much "I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting—only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

Okay, honestly, I'd rather live on a dying planet than among 6+ billion people with dirty butts.

adrian
Adrian Grenier: Steal from the Lost and Found "I think winter wear is communal, you get some gloves and a scarf from a lost-and-found box, wash them, wear them for a while until you lose them. Then somebody else does the same thing."

I agree. I don't think I've ever bought an umbrella.

ludacris
Ludacris: Shower With Others "Help conserve a lot of water by taking a group shower–ya’ know–shower with a friend.”

"Group", really? What is this, prison? 

No comments:

Post a Comment