Search The Blog!!

Saturday 16 April 2011

Nick Jonas Talks About Living with Diabetes


Nick Jonas
Nick was very sick when he found out he had diabetes, "When I was diagnosed, if we had waited two days, I could've been in a coma. A week later, and I could've died, so I'm very thankful that I've lived to see all of this," Nick told US News.
Today Nick gives encouragement to other teens suffering from an illness as a spokesperson for Bayer Diabetes Care and promised himself he wouldn't let diabetes slow him down.
However, not letting diabetes slow him down doesn't mean Nick never gets frustrated with being a diabetic. Nick said, "I'd be lying if I told you that there weren't days that I wasn't frustrated with being a diabetic. It's definitely not something you ask for. There are moments when I think life would be a lot easier without it. But, then again, it's part of my DNA at this point, and it's given me an outlook on life that I think is very rare."
Nick manages his diabetes by checking his blood sugar about 12 times a day and has a blood sugar meter that uploads to his doctor, which makes it easy to stay on top of the disease despite his busy schedule.
For those newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, Nick has some advice, "No matter how independent a person you are, never be afraid to rely on your doctors and the people around you -- your family and friends. I wouldn't have been able to do all of this without the support of the people around me."

No comments:

Post a Comment